Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween 2010


This year for Halloween Matt and I decided we wanted to do a family costume, so we all matched. I thought the oompa loompa's off of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory would be easy to make and Matt could be Willy Wonka. Some where down the line my whole family thought we were all going to be oompa loompas and my brother in law wanted to be Willy Wonka. So last minute change, we had to think of something else for Matt to wear. Every year I get a magazine of costumes I can buy on line. Matt looked through it and decided Patrick and him could go as Mario and Luigi. I looked at the costumes and decided it would be easy to make. Friday morning I got up early, got the kids ready and went to the store (oh, Friday October 22). Thank goodness I don't work Fridays! I got home and every chance I had, between feeding, changing, napping the kids, I sewed our costumes. That night Matt went out with the guys in my family so I had the kids all day! So I worked into the night! Matt got home around 11 pm and brought me a monster drink. I finally called it quite at 2am and went to sleep. The kids woke me up at 7:30am so I went back to sewing. I finished everything around 2:45pm with 15 minutes to get ready to go to our neighbors for a pumpkin carving party. I can't lie, it was a lot of work but I had a blast doing it, plus we saved sooo much money from me making them instead of buying it. Then after we changed our minds on Matt's costume, my family didn't go as oompa loompas or Willy wonka. Oh well. I have to say I was really proud of myself! I also made my mom's (she was an oompa loompa also) and she won best costume at our family party. That's two years in a row that the costume I designed and make won best costume! I love Matt and Patrick's hats, people thought I bought them, nope I make them!

No comments:

Post a Comment