Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

ER

My kids have been suffering from their allergies for about a week. So, Monday I was giving Patrick some triaminic cough syrup. I didn't think twice when I left the room to give it to him and left it open by the bathroom sink. I walk back in to catch Zoe drinking it from the bottle! I took it from her and tried to figure out how much she had drank. When I realized it was a lot, I grabbed my phone and called her doctors office. They told me to take her straight to the ER. They also gave me the number to poison control for later uses. I grabbed both kids, both very upset because I was, called Matt and my sister (the babysitter) and told them I was taking Zoe to the ER. My awesome sister called my boss for me! Thank goodness because I was a mess!
So we get there and I was in the right state of mind that I grabbed the bottle of medicine. They took us right back and took Zoe's temp and vitals. They were more worried about me then her! LOL! I was freaked out because I know some kids have died from od's of things like that. It was a pm so it has stuff to help them sleep!
Matt met us there. The doctor checked her out and looked over the bottle of syrup. He figured she drank a fourth of the bottle and 6 times the normal dose! Thank God there is nothing dangerous in tryaminic! They just told us to keep an eye on her and if anything else happens to bring her back. I also needed to stay home with her for the next few days. She slept it off. She woke up in such a good mood.
I have to say, I learned a huge lesson! This could have turned out so much worse! It really freaked me out! I will return to work tomorrow. And she has returned to her normal self.

2 comments:

  1. We keep forgetting how curious and tall Sarah is, so we haven't been very careful about where we put things on the kitchen counters, because it doesn't occur to us that maybe Sarah will get to us. I've found her walking around with Anthony's steak knives more than once.

    Cough syrup is NOTHING next to a knife! You're a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How scary!!! I told one of the ladies I work with and she said the same thing happened to her daughter. I am glad Zoe was okay!

    ReplyDelete