Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

OK

So after a really bad few days, I am starting to pull out of the dark. It's so weird not having him around. I'm so thankful for all the suport that my friends and family has given me. He was like our first born, he was our son. One thing that I think about now is that I KNOW he is in a way better place where he doesn't hurt anymore. He is running and jumpping in an open field under a hot summer sun. And I know I will see him again!
Yesterday when we were all leaving the house (after I blogged) Zoe looked around and said "Amigo is gone!?" It was sad. She knew he was no longer there but it seemed to kick in when she saw his cenal was no longer in the front room. It's so hard to try to explain death to a child. They just don't understand. I'm doing a lot better though. I have stopped crying over every little thing.
We couldn't bring ourselfs to leave him at the vets, and I'm glad we brought him home because now I know where he is. I know this might sound weird to some people, but if you have ever loved someone or something so much you will understand.

1 comment:

  1. My dad had a dog named Pepe. He died recently and my dad wanted to bury him close, but didn't want to use his backyard because the county is going to be putting in new sewers and he didn't want his grave disrespected like that. So Pepe is buried in my backyard so my dad can come visit him whenever he wants.

    ReplyDelete