Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

December 21

Nine years ago yesterday I got a phone call that changed my life... Nine years ago today I met my best friend, my rock, the father of my children, my husband.
Matt worked with my brother. We both had gotten out of a really bad relationship and were a little afraid of getting hurt. We talked forever. We had never met before, so we decided on a double blind date. I took my friend Bequi and he brought Josh and Fris. The five of us went to the movies and saw "Behind Enemy Lines". (Good movie by the way) Then we were going to go bowling but couldn't get a lane. We decided on pool instead. Matt got me home almost an hour before curfew. He said, "if I don't respect your parents, how can you trust me to respect you?" I almost died! He had said stuff like that all night, opening all the doors for me (even his truck door). He was amazing! At one point I realized his cell phone was ringing off the hook. I finally turned to him and said "you can answer that." He put his cell in the cubby between the seats, smiled at me and said "I'm busy." Who was this guy? Where did he come from? This is stuff from the movies! He complete swept me off my feet that first night nine years ago! Still to this day he does stuff that makes my heart flutter! I'm one of the lucky ones!
12/21/01 will be a day I never forget!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment