Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, January 21, 2010

I'm Back!

It's been so long since the last time I have written any thing I wasn't sure if I should keep on writing. But after reading all of my friend's blogs and realizing that that is the only way some of my friends and I really know what's going on in our lives. So I'M BACK!

I don't even know where to start!

OK. Patrick was born June 1, 2009 at 7:57 am. At St. Mark's Hosp. by scheduled c-section. He weighed 7lbs 10Oz's and was 20inches. It was an incredible moment in our lives! We had no idea (well, a little idea) that he was a boy. When he was born no one would tell me if he was a boy or a girl, they wanted Matt to stand up and look and have him tell me. Well, he did but the Anestaeoligest person is the one who told me he was a boy. I started to cry! They brought him to me as soon as they cut the cord and the very first thing the popped in my mind was the he looked just like his cuz (Damien). Then it hit me that he was so chunky! They cleaned him up and wrapped him and handed him to me. I held him the whole surgery. I was in HEAVEN. When they were going to move me to the other bed Matt took him from me and the nurses had an idea to trick the family into thinking we had a girl. No one knew yet and they were all waiting in the hall to hear the news. So one of the nurses when and got a pink bow and put in on his little head. The wheeled me back to labor and delivery and everyone was like "SO?!?!?" and Matt unwrapped his head so they could all see the bow. Of course everyone was excited and they all started to call him Chrisy, which was the name we were going to give our girl. Matt and I couldn't take it and started laughing. Matt had to tell them it was a joke and he was Patrick. It was great!

The surgery went good and the stay at the hospital went great.

I don't want to overwhelm everyone so I will post everyday during the week to catch up.

1 comment: